Wednesday, October 25, 2006

OB Exam

Well everyone, I finally did it. I took the pivotal test yesterday; the Obstetrics and Gynecology test that determined whether or not I would be a registered sonographer. I arrived an hour and a half early- just for precaution's sake. I was admitted immediately to the exam area; a small private room, apart from the large and very full exam room, due to the disease I exploited (see previous blog). There I sat with my glucometer out (I had to make it look like I was using it a lot) and a snack blend I created to optimize brain function. The test was long and not-so-easy but the horrible part was all of the pictures. They must have all been at least 15years old and poorly taken, to boot! I checked my answers over again and again, finished my snack mix and began the long journey to the front desk. Naturally, there was a man waiting there already to register for his test. I waited and expected the worst. Then, mid sentence the lady stopped and removed two papers from the printer. She told the man she would finish up with him in just a moment and then her cold gaze fell on me. She asked if I would follow her into the other room. This had never happened before, in all my testing experience. I was shocked. It was THAT bad? She thought I was going to break down and bawl, didn't she? I was going to break down and bawl, wasn't I? It was in this moment of self-reflection that I grew my first, second and third ulcers. I was going to try and reach four so I could catch up with my sister, but by this time we had entered the little room and she told me I passed! I then proposed marriage, to which she respectfully declined, and promptly exited the room.
So there you have it! I passed! I am now, officially, Allison Whittle RDMS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you for passing, but i am waiting for you to post your halloween pictures, come on first things first ;).

We love you, great job!!

ang, mike and boys

Anonymous said...

Allyson and Tyler,
Lindsay has a link to your blog, so I opened it today. What fun to read your blogs and especially to hear that you passed your latest test!! Way to go!! Congrats! Hope your Thanksgiving was great. Dillon is here for the weekend. Fun to have him home. Tyler, how is the teaching going? I have two new teachers on my team in Third Grade who I am mentoring, so I think of you too. Take care!