Sunday, June 24, 2007

Overgrown and Other Things

It's been a while, sorry about that. We went to Arizona for a baby shower that my sister, mom, and some ladies in my old ward threw for me so we were gone for a while. When we came back we found that some things were overgrown; one is our garden and the other is our baby. Here is what we came back to- courtesy of the wonderful, non-stop Texas rain.

Nice, huh? That still needs a little cleaning up. Because the cucumbers apparently grow on a vine- they have taken over the whole box. We made a command decision to forgo the carrots that the cuc's may live. We pulled those lovely little guys and here is the result of our harvest. But before you look, remember that I didn't know you only needed to plant one seed for a carrot to grow, so I planted several together (it's in a previous post somewhere) and they all kind of intertwined? Remember that? Well here is what happens!
Oops! They kind of look live larvae but they tasted fine!

Then there's our little Addy. I had another ultrasound to check her growth and sure enough...she's a chunk! She is in the 71st percentile and already has a double chin! Way to pack it on there baby! Hopefully she will slow it down a little before the big day.

While we were in Arizona we took a little weekend trip to see our friends the Roberts in Beverly Hills. I have missed them SO much while we have been away that it was really nice for me to reconnect for a little bit. We surprised Linds (which everyone who reads their blog already knows) and caught her on a jog with her cute little baby boy. I was absolutely taken with Beckett, their baby, and he was quite smitten with my little girl- at least I caught him stroking my belly once or twice!
How cute is that? We had a great time hanging out with them and reliving old Whoberts memories. Here are some pics of the five of us.
The GirlsThe Boys
And the cute sleeping baby
When we got home there was much to do. The garden and the baby weren't the only things overgrown. Tyler had tried to mow the lawn before we left, and succeeded for the most part, but was overtaken by the rain on the last 1/3 of the back yard. It was so sad to watch him as he tried to push through the first of the rain but it made me so grateful for a husband who does all of the hot, sticky yard work so that I don't have to. Here is a picture of him bringing in the mower when the rain finally got the best of him.
It's hard to see, but it is POURING rain- a downpour only known to Texans! Poor guy. He was a good sport about it. Last of all, here is my 28 week picture (I'm holding up 7 fingers for 7 months, but that is based on 4 week months, it's a 10 month pregnancy that way- but it's easier to keep track of) that we took a few weeks ago. I'm now almost 31 weeks- crazy!!!

Okay, all caught up for now! Sorry it was so long, hope you made it to the end!

5 comments:

Lorna said...

You're one hot mama!

Lindsay said...

Yay for a post...finally! No...it was such a great post, totally worth the wait. Anyway-it looks like you guys are doing SO great. I'm glad that you got home safe and sound. I was wondering-would you send me those pictures over email. My new address is lindsay.h.roberts@gmail.com. Thanks friend!

the fellers said...

yay...you are so cute...i love that we are blogger buddies...and I love that you surprised Linds...i bet that was so fun!!

Jess and Matt said...

I am so glad you finally posted! It's great you guys got to go hang out with the Roberts and have a fun time. It's so fun to get together with wonderful friends. You are looking So good Allison! I bet that little girl is going to be so precious.

Unknown said...

looks like fun times for the Whittle household ;)