Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Easter Catch-Up

Happy Late Easter! The picture above is of Addy's newest trick. We say, "Addy, how old are you?" and she yells joyfully, "One!" while holding up the appropriate finger. She thinks it is pretty funny. So back to Easter. We kept it pretty simple on Easter, we just had over my parents and Grandma for dinner and egg-decorating. Addy loved to dunk the eggs but wasn't so much concerned with doing it gently.We have had some wildlife around our house recently. This ginormous cricket was flying around our garage one night when we were working in it and I thought it was a bat! I put the stamps next to it to show it's size but believe me, it looks way more menacing in person!
The snake was chased over to our front door by our next-door neighbor who then hovered over it with some other neighborhood men for almost an hour before Tyler finally got home and did the dirty work of killing it. He is a mighty protector. This is the snake partially ready to die.
Addy is wearing my shoes now more than ever. She'll try on one pair, walk out so I can see, then take it back and exchange it for another, etc. She kills me.

7 comments:

the fellers said...

addy is getting so big...and ummm...that snake and cricket...sick, I am sorry! i would have been freaking!

Leslie said...

The snake would have freaked me out for SURE. Cute pictures! I think coloring eggs is one of my favorite things to do. Did you not get a picture of her in her Easter dress?

Mimi said...

Nice to know TX is the only place to find wildlife - I think some of our finds have sufficiently scared a few people from ever moving here. Addy is such a smarty pants - I'll have to work with Brett on the age trick.

Cari said...

that is such a cute little shoe fettish addy has! :) and that snake is freaky scary! way to be brave tyler!

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

I hear you on the shoe feddish- but its my son who has it! Is that leaning a little to the left?? Oh well, its cute when he has on Jason's shoes, but when he trys on mine, thats another story:) I just love this age!! I'll have to post our shoe pics some other time!!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh the snake!! Go Tyler!! and Addy gets cuter with every pic!! i love seeing her little personality blossom :)

Kari said...

oh my stars! i couldn't even look at the picture of the you-know-what. i thought tyler was terrified of you-know-whats. way to go protecting the family!