Saturday, August 15, 2009

Inadequate

Since I have been pregnant I don't think I have posted once. I have felt so lazy and tired all the time that I just never felt like getting on the computer to talk about my lazy-self. I have, however, from time to time been reading all of my friends blogs and this has left me feeling extremely inadequate. Especially THIS friend, Nicole. She is such a stinkin' superwoman. She has four girls, the youngest two are twins and she still does the most amazing things like cook and play with her children. She has a food BLOG that is all about eating healthy- I'm still trying to figure out what this "healthy" is. She is always doing fun projects with her kids and making new things. Whenever I try to let Adalyn help me cook I usually end up too frustrated with the splattered food everywhere to enjoy her as I should. She paints, she sews, she does photography- she's a madwoman! Anyways, aside from my ranting, she has kind of inspired me. I have been trying to cook more lately (which is greatly aided by the fact that I'm not puking as much anymore) and I cleaned out my craft room so that I can.....craft. I have already sewn a few things (repairs, mostly, but you have to start somewhere) and I got one of my scrapbooks out and fully intend on doing a few pages here in the next few days. Also, I made homemade zucchini bread and homemade rolls the other day. Good for me. Hopefully I will transform in to a fantastic mom before Brinley is born so only one of my daughters will remember my follies. Who am I kidding.....my children are doomed.

11 comments:

Ashlee said...

OOOO I love the name Brinley, so cute! And I too wish I was a supermom, maybe someday. Hope all is well!

Amber Marie said...

so you're having a girl. way to announce these things Allison! i was wondering if you had gotten lost out there in the Arizona desert. I'm glad the puking stage is over. as for not letting adalyn cook with you...i have the same problem! i try so hard to let her "help" with things but i can't hardly stand the crooked sheets and the flour on the floor...from what i saw while staying with you you are doing a pretty fantastic job. seriously- i've heard more than once from ryan, 'remember when allison said this to adalynn...we should start doing that' :)

The Dunns said...

Good luck with that one. It all goes downhill after 2. Just kidding! Hey- we miss Addy. Bring her back!

Tani Ireland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tani Ireland said...

Hey your daughter is alive and so is your husband! I didn't see any starving going on!!! That means you're doing just fine!!! Supermom's don't really exist anyway. They live in the neighborhood of Make Believe!!!

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo for sisters!!! Brinley is an adorable name :) I totally know the feeling with feeling inadequate but if it makes you feel any better you seem to do more than I do ;)

Cari said...

whatever allison! you are such a darling mom!! those sweet little sisters are lucky to have a mom like you! i wish we lived closer and could get together and be lazy together every once and a while! :)

the fellers said...

you are having a girl! Yay...congrats, when are you due?

katester said...

I hear ya! pregnancy is no picnic in the park, so feel free to be lazy most times. So crazy you mentioned scrapbooking because i just went and finally bought Sienna's first book. yeah, i know it is a little late but I am motivated. We shall see. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Kari said...

brinley? she has a name? this is worth a post on it's own...

almost as good as tyler's post announcing the pregnancy :)

i love the name. and i love that you are getting back on the computer. it means someone is reading our blog again :)

Bradbury Bunch said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! ON HAVING A GIRL, ON KNOWING WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO NAME HER (LOVE IT), FOR BEING OVER SICKNESS, AND FOR MAKING Z-BREAD!! You're amazing Allison-now show us some belly! PRETTY PLEASE?!?