Thursday, May 24, 2007


Now that the school year has officially reached its end for us here in Houston, Allison is going to be putting me to work for the next three months as we prepare for Adalyn's arrival. Our first move was to get a crib (pictured above, except ours will be darker). I feel however, like we are getting the cart before the horse since I haven't even cleaned out her room yet, which is currently the storage room. So it's time to pack up the golf clubs and extra suitcases and make room for the little one.

For those of you that read this that have recently been through the furnishing process, I know that this purchase won't really compare to the excitement of having an actual human being around the house. In fact, when put that way, it can kind of freak a person out. Other than a guinea pig, a few dogs, and a garden planter box that was poorly maintained and cared for by me while growing up, I haven't really directly been that responsible for a life. Hopefully I will do better with the next opportunity. There's really no messing this one up. (Well, I guess there is, but I'd prefer not to end up on the evening news!)

Whoa! As I review this post, I realize that somehow I have diverted topics from our newest purchase of a crib to the importance and sanctity of human life. Two completely different topics. So, next time you ponder the importance of human life, think bars and a small box.



5 comments:

Cari said...

What a beautiful crib! I love it! And you guys are going to be WONDERFUL parents! :)

Amber Marie said...

Yes a beautiful crib. Where did you find it?

Anonymous said...

That crib looks almost exactly like the one we have for Emma. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't move the front of it up and down like other crib rails. Oh well.

Ashlee said...

love it!

Tyler said...

We got it at USA Baby. It's a Bonavita. We like it so far, but we haven't put a baby in it yet...so we'll see!