Monday, November 16, 2009

Hansens and Halloween, but not in that order...

Addy was a princess/fairy/dollar-store-queen for All Hallows Eve. She had a really good time and totally 'got it' as far as the say "trick or treat" and you will get candy concept goes. Tyler and I are pretty convinced it was the best day of her life. She got to eat candy all day (courtesy of Tyler's culinary skills while I was at work), then dress up like a princess and go outside begging for candy, then we let her ride shotgun on my ever decreasing lap as we drove around the neighborhood visiting friends and eating even more candy. She was in Heaven!
Shortly thereafter our good friends from Texas came to visit us and we had a blast! They are so much fun! As we sat on the couch and did nothing but chat and laugh, it felt like they had never left- I guess we were the ones that left, but you know what I mean!
Addy LOVES Collin and has been talking about him and Brandon and Kari ever since they left (they are even included in her prayers still!) Here she is corrupting him with a sucker she won at Chuck E. Cheese's. It was so funny, we weren't paying attention and all the sudden we noticed her sharing licks with Collin! That boy's never had so much sugar in his life!

Laughin' it up at CEC...
Sliding in tandem at the park...
Telling funny stories on the couch...
Drinking from sippy cups on the stairs...
Let's just say it was a great week!

After the Hansen visit of '09 we put Adalyn in her real big-girl bed so she could get used to it before Brynlee gets here. Oh, that's how we decided to spell Brynn's name- the middle name is still unclear.
She loves this bed and has done great in it! I'll post some pictures of her room once it is finished. It is our first attempt at decorating anything and we really like it so far.
Oh, and this is me pregnant with our big fat child. I am 34 weeks, but that doesn't stop her from measuring 36 for everything but the belly which is 37 weeks. Thank you Whittle/Dinnell genes, I've always wanted to have a 3mo. old on day 1.

9 comments:

Kari said...

tell addy to keep us in her prayers, we need all the help we can get! we had so much fun! we will be back in a couple of weeks if that's ok with you.

Ashlee said...

You look fabulous and I love the name Brynlee!! Wait is that the right spelling? :)

Unknown said...

You and Adalyn both look adorable!!! Love the purple on you! Looks like a fun fun halloween :)

the fellers said...

you seriously look great though! And I cant wait to see pics of her new room, I can already tell by the pictures that it is cute, I love the walls!

Mimi said...

So cute! And I love your purple "pregnancy" shirt - I wore the exact same one through mine and can still wear it now.

Cari said...

what a darling little fairy princess! and allison you are looking great these days! love addy's new bedding! :)

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

What a fun week for you guys!! You look great and your just glowing with your cute pregnant belly!! I am so so jealous that Addy is already toilet:) trained!! I can't wait for that day with Kyler! I just love your name you have picked out for your next little one too!! I am super excited for you guys and can't wait to see pictures of her!! Good luck with the rest of your prenancy!!

Amber Marie said...

wow you are looking so great. i didn't realize you were so close to d-day! maybe those stupid count-down counters do have a purpose...

LOVE Addy's bedding. Too cute. And the name Brynn is adorable. Hope you are enjoying the holidays! Love you.

Anonymous said...

love to join you and addy in that bed , make you both feel soooooooooooooo good